It’s been a while, but grab a cuppa and some knitting – today we’ve rounded up some of our favourite knitted things to share. We’ve been long-time fans of the “Pin Ups and Link Love” series by Julie over at Knitted Bliss and Franziska’s weekly Top Three posts on Franish so we thought we’d join in.
We had a great time visiting Smokey Joe’s in Cheltenham today – with glitter on the milkshakes what’s not to like?! And of course we knitted while we waited for our lunch to arrive…
There’s a lot of sock knitting going on at Cable Girls HQ this week, mostly with our trusty favourite sock yarn from Drops – we’ve all got lots of pairs of socks knitted in Drops Fabel, and we like it so much we use it in our sock knitting workshops!
Here are two pairs of the socks in progress (Hannah’s and Kate’s – both in Drops Fabel!) from lunch today:
Meanwhile, over on Twitter…
- Have you seen Google Sheep View?
- The photos posted by Alpacaly Ever After are just adorable
- Toft Alpacas are looking for an intern
And from our favourite knitting blogs recently…
- We were amazed by how much The Yarn Harlot managed to raise, and for such a fabulous cause. Well done Stephanie – you are awesome!
- This rainbow of yarns from Tanis Fiber Arts is just gorgeous
- We love the stripes in these socks by Renee at Confessions of a Yarn Addict
And finally, this pin made us really laugh this week – while Sheila can crochet without batting an eyelid, Kate can only just about crochet if Sheila is there to tell her what to do and Hannah goes a bit pale at the mere mention of the word “crochet”… It inspired us to start a knitting humour board on Pinterest – if you want to take a look (it’s a little sparse for now, but ever-growing), we are here, and there’s lots more pins to browse.
If you’d like to share some of your favourite knitting things, let us know in the comments.
Bye for now,
The Cable Girls