It’s been a while, but welcome to this week’s edition of our favourite things from the very stormy Cotswolds. Grab a cuppa and let’s catch up!
We’ve been busy knitting since we last wrote – with quite a few FOs. More detail on that in a minute, but first we want to wish a very happy first birthday to the Crafty Hands Company in Chipping Campden, run by our lovely friend Jemma. Congratulations on your first year – here’s to many more!
Kate has finally finished her Kalajoki socks (we’re glossing over the fact that #Socktober ended a month ago…) and is making progress with Still Light.. She’s also been knitting like mad on Christmas presents, and is quite smug now that she’s finished her festive gift knitting.
Sheila’s doing well with her #NaKniSweMo goals – she has finished the black cashmere jumper she was knitting and also managed to knit an entire cardigan for herself! It’s Parallel Planes knitted in Malabrigo Rios and is utterly lovely. She’s also squeezed in knitting a poncho – Hugo in Noro yarn, and some socks in gorgeous Mini Mochi yarn.
Sheila’s lovely sock (c) The Cable Girls, 2015.
Hannah is still going on the Squared Shades throw, pushing past the half way point in her “Throwvember” goal. Otherwise, she and Sheila have been busy finishing up our Project Warmth blankets – ta da!:
First blanket for Project Warmth Cheltenham (c) The Cable Girls, 2015.
Second blanket for Project Warmth Cheltenham (c) The Cable Girls, 2015.
We’ll be handing them over soon, there will be more photos – who knows, we might push the boat out and give that it’s own post!
Meanwhile, over on Twitter…
- After getting very excited by this news, the first Cable Girls Knit Picks order has arrived – sock yarn galore!
- LoveKnitting shared their tips on how to dye yarn with KoolAid
- We loved this mug – if only we could knit faster!
And from our blog reading…
- We loved this Burton Bear Cowl from a friend to knit with
- Top tips from PDXKnitterati on yarn dominance when you’re knitting with two (or more!) colours
- If you love knitting cables, GlennaKnits’ new pattern “Bonspiel Cardigan” for Twist Collective might be right up your street
- We were delighted to see that sock knitting has converted even one of the most famous crocheters in the UK to knitting – the joy of knitting socks indeed!
How are you this week? How goes the festive knitting? Let us know in the comments…
Bye for now,
The Cable Girls