Welcome to this week’s edition of our favourite things from the very rainy Cotswolds. Grab a cuppa and let’s catch up!
With #Socktober now a dim and distant memory, we’re moving on to other knits and challenges. Kate is still mad about sock knitting (and buying more sock yarn – oops.) and is knitting away on her Still Light. Hannah, meanwhile, is celebrating #Throwvember, knitting her first throw (Squared Shades from Red Heart) and Sheila is partaking in NaKniSweMo – National Knit a Sweater Month – where participants aim to complete a whole sweater in a month, preferably with more than 50,000 stitches. So, you know, just another quiet month at Cable Girls HQ!
The blankets for #ProjectWarmthCheltenham are going well – thank you again to all of the wonderful knitters that helped us with the creation of these woolly charity masterpieces! As soon as they are completed, pictures will be posted 🙂
Meanwhile, over on Twitter…
- Big news this week – Knit Picks now ship to the UK! We were very excited by this news and the first Cable Girl order went in pretty quickly after their announcement…
- Let’s Get Crafting shared a 15% off code for Deramores
- LoveKnitting shared advice for knitters preparing for the festive season
- Blacker Yarns featured some lovely sheep from our neck of the woods for #Wovember
And from our blog reading…
- We loved (and have saved for future reference) Knit the Hell Out’s post on the anatomy of a toe-up sock
- A fabulous colour change on a cardigan over at Wool and Chocolate that reminded us of knitted pixels
- Woolythyme’s blanket is looking great
- We await the next instalment to hear whether the Yarn Harlot ended up living every knitter’s nightmare – running out of knitting projects while travelling!
And this was our favourite Pin of the week – particularly the 99 problems one!
How are you this week? Are you in the festive spirit yet? Let us know in the comments…
Bye for now,
The Cable Girls